Friday, February 02, 2007

nurples. ice skating. mp3 player.

my body hurts. particularly my inner thighs and my wingspan area. i don't have wings, but you know the general region i'm talking about. why the pain? Well, today is friday, i went to the gym on monday. For a few days, I could hardly move without grimacing and/or saying "oh!". i think i'll never again underestimate the value of sound and proper stretching before exerting oneself in a gym-type setting.

Ahh, The magic that is donsuh fitness in suncheon. I took the liberty of adding the h to the end of "dongsuh". They spell it dongsu, but that just makes me want to read it dong-sooooooo. Call me crazy. Monday was my first time going to the gym, as 1) it is sometimes intimidating to perform routine tasks or visit routine places in korea 2) it has naked saunas 3) I'm really fucking lazy. Erica and I shook on it though, so we had to go.

tuesday i hurt a little bit, but i guess there was a delayed reaction, as Wednesday was the worst of it. i hate exercise, but this old girl's getting up there in years so i guess i'm sposed to start thinking about that crap. my body is a temple. a shabby, run down, crumbling foundation-having temple.

other bodily news. i went to an exhibit featuring lots o' dead bodies a couple of days ago. here in the suncheon. i didn't really know what to expect, except for bodies. and my expectations were met. i did see bodies, and sections of bodies and organs. and nipples and pubic hair and penises and large saggy nuts. on these bodies where all the skin had been removed to show the muscles or other interior bodily system[s], they had strategically left the nipples in tact along with the giney/wenis area. Hmmm. it was really interesting though, despite the fact that most of the stuff was in korean, so I could only guess what a lot of the organs were, or what affliction had ravaged them. Even standing there looking at all those bodies and organs (I could have touched them, but I assumed the korean words with big exclamation points said "hey asshole, don't touch!!!") it was difficult to take it all out of the abstract. These were at one point functioning bodies, functioning organs, much like my currently functioning body and functioning organs. and they were probably somewhere during their lives looking at things, specimens on display too, similarly trying to digest it all. Their brains and hearts, just like my brain and heart. And somewhere in those seemingly small organs, a personality, a language, a catalogue of desires and annoyances originates. It's bizarre to think we are all self-contained little entities, with each component a part of the whole. blah blah blah.

Moving on, I went ice skating the other day. Falls into the category of "things to do in suncheon, south korea so I can say I did them in suncheon, south korea." I haven't been ice skating in many years. I remember when I was little, going to the washington park ice rink in good ol' jeff city, mo. My dad would line up buckets and jump over them. I, however, am not that good. Although I've got some pretty boss figure skating moves when I'm on dry land wearing regular shoes. check out my triple toe loop, bitch! also that one move where you put your heels together and stick out your arms (like a gingerbread man, or something. great analogy!). i'm really good at that one. There were lots of speed skaters practicing on the rink, so the ice was uneven and torn up. made it even more difficult to stay standing. But I didn't fall. and the lord saw that it was good.

I have an mp3 player now. And more than that, I have an mp3 player with songs on it now. My life now has a soundtrack. Me likey.

3 comments:

Julie said...

So did you try out the naked sauna or what?

Jamie McGeorge said...

no naked sauna. i only get naked for you, baby girl.

Jamie McGeorge said...

wait, that's gross.