Wednesday, February 14, 2007

plays

so i have those plays coming up tomorrow. the english plays performed by the kids who barely speak english. i've been working really hard for the past couple of weeks. anyhoo, my city hall boss asks me yesterday how long the performance will be for the two plays, and i tell him "maybe 20 minutes total." to which he sort of chuckles (not that korean men chuckle...), and then says "3 months you've been preparing and the plays are only 20 minutes long?" thanks, a-hole.

i guess i would really just like for someone i work with to tell me "good job." instead it's constantly shit like "you're not a real teacher" or these newest comments. and when i brought in all the props i made for these stupid fucking plays, no one said anything to me about them--not my students or my co-workers. it's not that they necessarily needed any of the crap i made (magic wands, motorbikes, crowns, etc...), but the whole point is that they have props so they think someone is taking it seriously.

that's all.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I think you should march into city hall and say "whose tiny Korean dick do I have to suck around here to get some respect?" and then start throwing things. I bet you could get out of your contract early that way. Hey, I'm just looking out for you...

Erica Stief said...

I am thinking of borrowing Julie's strategy, but I just wanted to check with you first and make sure you weren't going to use it.