Tuesday, December 12, 2006

maybe i'm culturally insensitive

originally posted Tuesday, October 31, 2006

i just got an email from the dude i work with (creepy guy from my elementary school). apparently some of the women from my office complained about me getting rides to and from work. so i have to take the bus from now on. which is a good thing. i wanted to take the bus from the beginning because i'm an adult and should know how to get to and from my workplace. it also means no more creepiness outside the workplace, but the way this was presented sort of annoys me. i didn't ask for any special treatment, and now these women (who won't even try to speak to me!) resent me for accepting a favor that i never even asked for. if i don't accept a ride, it's rude because they're trying to be nice to me. if i do accept a ride, i'm rude because i "expect" special treatment. so much confusion and tiptoing around trying not to offend people.

and why the fuck does it matter if i don't push my rice down in my bowl when i'm finished?

No comments: