Monday, April 07, 2008

sickness and sadness

today is my first sick day since i started this job last june. i am very sweaty. there is snot-crusted toilet paper strewn all over my apartment. when i replace the tissues in my nose, a thin stream of goo pours out. also, the korean medicine i was given makes me more than slightly loopy. and i've drank a lot of nyquil in the past couple days. so that covers the sickness part....

now for the sadness. a few days ago i went to my favorite drinking establishment here in ilsan, the rosenbrau brewhaus. said brewhaus is known for it's meter high beers and for my favorite filipino band, featuring the vocal stylings of lloyd. lloyd needs no last name. usually, i go and get hammered drunk and embarass myself in any number of ways: 1) screaming "LLOYD" at the top of my lungs the whole time while the rest of the restaurant glares at me; 2) having lloyd sit on my lap for photos; or 3) going onstage to dance with the band and being forcibly removed by korean security. anyhoo, i show up the other night, ready to get my lloyd on, and his band's fucking gone. no more. replaced instead by a marc anthony wannabe and his jiggly, whorish side kicks. i don't want to hear shakira, folks, i want to hear journey. so my point is: fuck the brewhaus, i'm never going back.

seriously, i was really pissed. so yes, i had a crush on the lead singer of a filipino cover band in ilsan, south korea. and now my world is shattered.

here's a picture from the ol' good days:

No comments: